Rules of Library Use for English medium students
- the Users are the English medium students
- the educational literature and known world medical editions are offered for each User for the English medium learning
- the service is provided under the following: servicing for home work with educational literature and servicing in the reading room
- the User is registered on producing the student’s card or passport
- the User obtains an electronic library card, which is the only document giving the right to use library services.
- during electronic issuing of literature the Library and the User validate the information authenticity as for the obtained, extended and returned literature, which is registered in the electronic library card
- the list of the literature registered in the electronic library card, is confirmed by the slip signed by the User
- work hours: 9.00 – 17.00, except Saturday and Sunday
The User has right:
- to obtain educational literature for the work off the library for the series of lectures, a term or the entire year in the amount determined according to the curriculum
- to extend the term of textbooks use if they are not in demand by other users
- to use scientific literature (well-known world editions in Medicine and other disciplines) in the reading room
- to obtain information as for the Library funds, consultancy service on seeking the sources of information, to use other forms of service: subscriptions for science, educational, fiction literature; reading rooms; interlibrary subscription; reading rooms in hostels and library centers at the departments
- to take part in the reader’s conferences or other Library activities
The User must:
- produce the student’s card or passport and also give two photos to obtain a library card and be registered in the Library
- inform the librarian in case of the library card loss and ask for a duplicate in writing; the duplicate is valid for a month
- give the library card for getting literature from a subscription unit; order the necessary literature orally or in written form; confirm the fact of giving literature out by signing the slip
- put the date, his own signature, and the number of the library card for the work with the literature in a reading room, return the literature to the librarian after finishing the work; the literature from a reading room stock cannot be taken home
- keep the deadline of returning the documents to the Library; reregister at the beginning of each academic year; return all textbooks and other materials to the Library for the period of summer holidays. The users, which have not reregistered timely, are not served by the Library
- substitute a document from the library stock for a similar one or for a document recognized as an equivalent one by the Library in case of its loss or damage.
The User must not:
- give the library card with an individual password of an electronic library card access to other persons
- use somebody else’s library card; the library card loss does not relieve a person of responsibility for saving received literature, registered in the electronic card
- disturb the order of the work and schedule, speak loudly, interfere with the work of other users, bring food, speak on the cell phone
- take the books out from the reading room; make any notes; bend and tear pages out or damage the literature in other ways.
The Users, who violate these rules, are deprived of the right to visit the Library for a period determined by the Library. Acquainting the User with the present “Rules” and signing in the Library registration card is the ground for acknowledgement of the User’s liability for the documents recorded in the electronic card.